Monday, August 13, 2007

The face only a father could love?

What happened to the sentiment that parents should be blind to any shortcomings or physical abnormalities in their children? I went out on a limb and sent some people a link to view some of our recent pictures. Most people have been nice and encouraging (downright deceitful) in saying how I don't look like Godzilla. I appreciate the sentiment, I know it is not true, but their being candid is definitely appreciated. I didn't realize how much so until last night when Blaine was talking to my dad on speaker phone and mentioned how excited I was to have the baby. My Dad's response. . . "I'll bet, she was looking quite "porky" in the pictures she sent" (I couldn't tell if it was porkly, portly, or some other made up word that meant the equivalent of huge. . . ). What the? Thanks a lot Dad! ! That's it, we're not naming the kid Ivan anymore :).

2 comments:

Julie said...

I didn't know you ever were going to name him Ivan. And I'm sure you look great!

Kristi said...

Definitely not naming him Ivan, but we liked to tease my dad that we were (it's my dad's name, though he goes by his middle. . .Don).