Ladies and Gentlemen, it is 7:29AM. I awoke at 7:00AM with a start and a gasp. I was almost certain that Bentley had died of SIDS (which terrifies me and I would never joke about, I really really thought he had) because we had not heard a peep from him since 9:00PM the night before. NINE o' clock PM. Not one peep.
Maybe I was particularly tired. The last few days I have been so exhausted that I just shut his door, our door, turned on his fan and our fan (and the air conditioner!) and figured if he was mad enough he would have to cry loud enough for me to hear him; which he has every night but last night! It was the most amazing thing, I bet I haven't gotten that much sleep (went to bed at 11, that means I got near a full eight hours!) since before conception in December 2006.
Please, listen closely and I am confident you will hear me singing the hallelujah chorus. I am singing robustly and have been since 7.
And here is the kicker.....
Yesterday he was like the nap king. He took a nap from 9:30AM to 12:30PM and then again from 2:30 PM till 5:00PM. He has not slept that much in a 24 hour period a day in his life!
Not sure if it will last, but today, so far, is a very happy day.
Also, a big fat thank you to the dear S.J. for volunteering her husband to help with my blog! I am excited and can't wait for the new header (first I have to pick one), but I think with the new header I would like a new blog title and a new blog address too (what kind of an idiot puts their last name right on their blog title....me....not smart). I feel committed to writing more and better posts once the makeover happens because, let's face it, I haven't been posting because I didn't want you all to come back and see the atrocity that is my blog right now. So, any suggestions for a new title? Preferably one that looks cool when written in a cool font and has nothing to do with my name or location..... I'd love to hear it and I promise a captivating blog post in return.
The only thing I have thought of is MunYm.
Oh and also here are a few little other happy things from the recent past
* I went to the store all by myself yesterday to try on a swimming suit. I couldn't find a swimming suit BUT I did try on a bunch of clothes and I am happy to report that my size was a full 2 and potentially 3 sizes smaller than the capris I was wearing to the store. Again with the hallelujah chorus!
* I tried making bread again and it was delicious! I thought it was pretty good but it sealed the deal when Janssen (whose baking skills are extraordinary) raved about it! It was oatmeal bread. Doesn't that sound exotic? And hard? Nope, 'twas easy and delicious. I'll post a picture, don't worry. Well, IF you tell me what the new name and color scheme of my blog should be.
* The dogs have been behaving exceptionally well lately. Oh wait, unless you count the two dirty diapers that they got from Bentleys room and ripped to smithereens downstairs all over the house. Gr. BUT the good news is that I posted a post on craigslist that I wanted to buy a diaper champ (diaper pail) and I got three responses in as many minutes, one of them offering it to me for FREE!
* I calmly and collected stayed in my bed during the entirety of a somewhat intense thunderstorm the other night (seriously, normally I would have had the whole family in the closet!)
* I am making way on preparing our 72 hour kits. I bought all the food I thought we would need for three days and that alone fills like five backpacks, so we must downsize. Speaking of, do you have a 72 hour kit? What is in it? Am I really going to need things like a shovel and gloves or should I just do food water/ hygiene / medical ?
*I feel like I've been able to be a better mom lately to my kids. Could that possibly have something to do with that I have been getting more than three hours of sleep a night and not messing around on the computer except in the wee morning and late evening hours? Resounding yes.
* Blaine got 36 MPG city driving in the car. Which almost, but not quite, negates the $3.50 we are paying for gas.
*There is a very real possibility that we will be able to go on a cruise with a bunch of really great friends in January, and that would be awesome! Can I wait till January though, that is the question!
Life is going pretty good! I don't remember feeling that it was going particularly fantastic yesterday, but it is amazing how good one feels after a good nights sleep!
Oh and as far as something that is stressing me out..... does anyone want to care for two very well behaved, sweet, kind, endearing, lovable little puppies for two weeks during July? Kenneling the dogs is going to cost us whatever $20 x 15 is (AT LEAST), and that's a lot. So wouldn't you rather pocket that money than see me throw it away to a total stranger? Also I was thinking if any of my Austin friends has like a younger sibling, or mother, or friend, that has two weeks free and would want to come visit you we could pay for their airfare in exchange for them taking care of the dogs while they are here. Or something. Not sure. Or I guess the easiest option would be to sell the dogs and save ourselves the money :).
Sorry for such a random posting. Thanks for listening and thanks in advance for your blog title suggestions.