Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Major Award

I'VE WON A MAJOR AWARD!

I am totally not kidding!

The other day I was minding my own business, shopping at the local grocery store and I saw a little box where you could enter to win a $5000 shopping spree. I thought, eh what have I got to lose?

So I entered

flash forward to today. I am sitting here in distress writing out checks to pay for Blaine's traffic ticket, my um...ticket, Ivy's hospital bill, insurance payments and security deposits. Feeling kind of down

but then Bryce from Fat Boy called and left a message!

I called him back to find that I didn't win the $5000....yet

BUT I did win a major award! A gift certificate to Dan's AND some free meadowgold products (which is awesome now that I am going without sugar for a month).

And I have to show up to the Sandy's Macey's on August 28th for the drawing to win the five grand! So come to Macey's and maybe if we bring enough karma I will win the five grand!

I've never won a major award before! It's stinking AWESOME!

13 comments:

Jan said...

Woo Hoo!!!!!! Good For you.
I would be happy to take the meadow gold productsd off your hands if you feel like giving them away :) At my age I refuse to worry about sugar

Jan said...

Okay so I refused to worry about sugar EVER :)

Janae said...

Awesome! I think you will win the 5k. At least I am sending out "let her win" vibes right now. Seriously 5k? Awesome!
I really hope you win!

Lucia said...

I was googling the maceys contest and happened upon your blog. I got the same phone call, and was not in the least excited until I realized it actually WAS something legitimate and not a time share presentation, or credit card scam, or some other random thing telemarketers call about! LOL! It REALLY is something worth getting excited over. I'm trying not to get too excited though, because even as a contestant we still get coupons which is fun, and Bryce said there would be at least 50 other people there, so stiff odds, but better than a kick in the face, and it will still be so exciting!
Good Luck!

Jan said...

Dad says THAT'S GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!
btw when you come to feed your cat and bird, there are Chocolate milks
in the fridge, so that's a double win, right?

Taggart Photography said...

That is so funny! My mom actually entered one of those contests at Macey's and won a DELL computer! My sister won a huge 15 pound fish (I'd take the computer anyday!) Hope you win!

Laurie said...

Okay, so I read the one comment about you winning the 5K and I thought it was talking about a race (like that you would run), and I thought that's why you were giving up sugar..... and I was even more impressed than usual! I'm sure you could win a 5K.

Blaine said...

Very exciting news of course. And also wanted to say I love the make over of the blog! Very cute of Gwen (although I hope we have the old logo with Ben in the swing saved somewhere too) and a great new picture of you! Lookin good!

JoAnna said...

Woo-hoo! That is awesome!
And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new blog look!

Susan said...

Love the new "do".
Smom

Stefanie Miller said...

Ahhh, the Macey's in Sandy. Did you know that when we lived in Sandy for 9 months, it was in the condos just south of Macey's, and that Jane and I would often walk over there for groceries. Fond memories. So does that mean you live around there? I think we have some catching up to do. I hope you win a $5000 shopping spree. That would be sweet.

Jessica Shumway said...

So awesome! I am sending all sorts of Karma (only the good kind) your way!!

Ralphie said...

What the-

I opened up your blog and thought I was in the wrong place.

Nice location, new blog. Got it!