Wednesday, October 21, 2009

As my brother would say...

SIKE.

Okay, well not really. When I wrote the post yesterday it wasn't supposed to be a "sike". But really? A new computer? That changes everything.

The reasons for wanting to discontinue the blog were as follows

1- One of our computers has a bad virus and has been rendered unusable. The other is completely full of junk. I can't even put any more pictures on it because it is so full of stuff. Oh and also it is really slow. I wouldn't be surprised if one day I woke up and it only would run in DOS or something. It's dying a sloooooow and painful (for me) death. It's only five years old for crying out loud, but you would think it was a hundred. Oh and also the monitor blinks between regular color and green. Very annoying.

But that wasn't the real reason. The real reason is...

2- My life is pretty much "wake up, give baths, make PBJs, change dirty diapers, give more baths, do laundry of all the poopy clothes, make quesadillas, change more poop, give more baths, wash more clothes." rinse. repeat. Seriously, I don't know if I have mentioned it on here, and it's pretty gross...but Bentley has had explosive diarrhea since mid June. We've been to the doctor a lot, they say he will just grow out of it. But seriously? Four blowouts a day? Four baths a day? Four loads of poopy laundry a day? Doesn't really leave much time for having adventures or....anything. And really, who wants to read about poop? I mean, more than once in a while at least.

It broke my heart to say I was going to stop blogging, but really it had kind of happened already...I just hadn't said anything officially, you know? So it's not as though I was going to completely stop, it was more like I was just going to give you all permission to not check the blog, because more than likely it wouldn't be updated very often. Make sense?

But if I get a new computer....and if you all leave me ideas for something to blog about (besides poop and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches), by all means, I would love nothing more than to keep blogging.

But seriously, in a big rut here. So...go on, give me something to blog about and I will do it.

As soon as the new computer arrives in the mail.

The blog brings me much, much happiness!

P.S. Thanks for the confidence boost. I honestly thought you had all probably given up on me. Knowing I still actually have readers is also kind of motivating.

10 comments:

julianne orth said...

wow, our lives sound pretty much the same, just add in work work and yell at my kids and that is my day :) kyler has had explosive diarrhea his whole life pretty much so i feel for ya (btw i think it was from him being sick as a baby so hopefully your baby will grow out of it)

Anonymous said...

:)
:)
:)

How about some stories of the past?

Jill Bowcutt said...

Thats the thing, you don't have to have anything cool to blog about to make your blog worth reading. That's one of the reasons why I love to read it. You make everyday life so much more interesting than it really is. I want to be like you when I grow up. So please don't quit. I just might cry. Plus, it can NEVER get as bad as my blog :) Ahh, one of these days...

Emily said...

I bet once you get your new computer you'll be tons more motivated to notice topics of blogworthiness. I always get my best ideas when I'm changing diapers. Plus, remember how you were going to become a professional? Never give up your dream, Kristi!

Jen and Beth said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you're not going to stop blogging! I love your blog! Let me think on a good topic and I'll get back to you. Actually, I really like blogs about events that happened when you were in high school or were a kid. Those are always fun. Just an idea though. Seriously, so happy you're not quitting.

Janey said...

(This is really from mom but I'm signed in as Janey and I can't figure out how to change it which really tells you how dumb (or lazy) I am.

You never did write about how totally amazing you were while living with your in-laws for three weeks. And about how good you were keeping everything and everyone tidy, just like your mother-in-law likes it, while also cooking delicious dinners many nights and taking your kids on all kinds of outings during the day. Kristi, your energy amazes me. Oh, I remember now, you were going to write about that scary blanket but you didn't want me to feel bad. I say hold out for the new computer but do keep writing. Maybe Dad and Blaine can get a two-for-one deal as our computer is acting very old, too.

And how can I be Janey? She has her own computer and hates how slow this is. My computer is trying to trick me - again.

Joe(y) Speredon said...

Blog about: church, testimony, spirituality, funny things your kids do, things you teach them and how they apply those teachings, movies, technology, Chuck, LOST, books you read, goals you set, crazy things that happen in the news, things you become indignant about, holidays, quote of the day, nostalgia... that's what I've got so far. If you really have nothing more to say, stop blogging, but I would be one more very sad friend if your blog disappeared.

Joe(y) Speredon said...

p.s. I believe it's "psych"

ashlieaxandike said...

I love your blog! you write about the things we all deal with almost EVERY DAY but make it funny.

and the diarrhea? I'd find a different dr. or something-i would guess an allergy.

Jeannie said...

Thank freakin' goodness! Did I tell you I am feverish this week some kinda of flu something and with strep? I was hoping I was just imagining things in my state of semi-consciousness. WHEW.