Sunday, April 25, 2010

Give me your tired, your poor...

Apparently it is Gwen week here on the blog, and to finish off Gwen week, a little story...

So this morning Gwen has been busily dumping all of the change out of her piggy banks and dividing the money into piles. I just watched as she went and got some of my baggies and put equal amounts of change into each of them.

She then asked me if we could drive around and look for poor people holding up signs and give the money to them. I told her that was a great idea and we could put the money into the car and wait until we see someone holding up a sign asking for money. She thought for a minute and then came up with a better idea!

"Hey! Instead we could just put a sign on our fence that says 'we have plenty of money, please come and take some from us so you don't have to be poor anymore'".

And I thought, well, that's just plain brilliant, I am a little hesitant about carrying through with that plan though : )

3 comments:

Karina said...

That's the cutest story I've ever heard.

Jill Bowcutt said...

Oh she is so sweet. More people should think like kids do. Our world would be so much sweeter (and entertaining). I think about you every day in Texas! You were right, it really is beautiful here. And I went running really early this morning with some ladies in my new ward and I was SWEATING! Before I even started! I was glove, earmuff, and sweatshirt free.

Bart said...

I love that perspective. "We have plenty of money . . ."

It's all relative.