Monday, December 10, 2007

The seven wonders. . .

So, I have been tagged to post seven random things about me, that you may not already know. . .

1- I once caught a 32lb salmon off of the coast of Washington. It's true. Had my dad had a little faith and entered me into the fishing derby I would have won. My dad did, however, enter himself in the derby and ironically enough he didn't even catch a fish (everyone else with us caught at least five, and my dad financed the whole expedition, really it is a sad story).

2- I cannot say the world ALBUM, it always comes out albLum, whether written or spoken. And to me it sounds like you are all saying albLum too which is where the whole problem started. Apparently though it is really album. What a weird name.

3- I am a certified scuba diver. Well, that is probably not true anymore since I never went diving after I was certified, but at one point in time I was a certified scuba diver, and that was a life goal-- so scratch it off the list! My dream in life is to be a marine biologist, it's not too late, right?


Wow, I guess my life is an open book, I really can't think of much. . .. I'll try harder

4- I once shaved off one of my eyebrows and cut off my eyelashes (only on one eye) and told my mom the boy across the street did it. Okay and just a note about this--- when you are plucking your eyebrows in front of your children please explain to them what you are doing so they won't try to copy you and end up looking like uncle fester. Thank you.

5- I became an aunt when I was five. And I am about to become a GREAT Aunt. I always thought great aunts had to be real old. Not true.

6- Now, don't freak your freak, but I am seriously considering homeschooling my kids. I know, you think I am crazy, and weird. I'm okay with that.

7- I LOVE to fly. There's nothing quite like the rush of soaring through the air.

One of these was a trick. And if you really know me you will know what it was :).

8- Since I did a trick I will throw in another one. I am always using words in my blog that I think sound cool but I don't really know what they mean. Like Mantra. I looked it up and it doesn't really mean what I thought. Same could be said with at least one fancy word per post, but none of you ever call me on that, so thanks, I appreciate your willing suspension of proper word usage.

7 comments:

Julie said...

First things first...HAPPY BIRTHDAY yesterday! You are so great and I don't think I tell you that enough! Thanks for being you Fiddle! I sure love yer guts!

Second...my mother-in-law is the same way about Album. Only her word is vegetables. She says vegetaVles. No lie. We've tried to get her to say it right, but she just can't. It's pretty funny, actually!

Third...I know just how much you "LOVE" flying! Good one!

Laurie said...

I thought you were anti-homeschool. What has Texas done to you? I feel like I need to hear more about this.....

Anonymous said...

fids i understand the whole home schooling since i live outside of ut i have felt the same way we should talk

Bart said...

Hey, I'm right there with you on the scuba certification (and only been once afterward), shaved eyebrow (for me it was plural), and most likely going to homeschool children. Very nice! But I actually do like flying as long as it's a non-stop flight. :)

Ralphie said...

I can't every say "pistachio". And if you ask me to say it, I'll be offened. I give my word.

Jen and Beth said...

Oh Kristi! We must chat about home school! And just so you know, you are in like the best state in the nation to do it. Isn't that cool?? Oh, and if you haven't guessed I most certainly do not think you are weird for thinking about it because that would mean that I am just as much of a weirdo as you. I am not just thinking of home schooling....I am going to do it. Anyway, would love to chat about it.

Janssen said...

Hey! We're planning on homeschooling our kids too! Rock on :)