Friday, November 21, 2008

What color hair does the milkman have?

Do you ever say something and then pause and then realize what you said came out totally different from what you meant.

Say you were talking to your neighbor about your sons abnormally large head. He happens to mention that he also has a large head. So you say something to the effect of, "Yeah, I should just tell the doctor....look, his sister has a big head she is fine, I have a big head and I'm fine, and the guy across the street has a big head too and he's fine. " and then you stop and think. Then you realize the implications of what you just said. And you don't know if it is better to acknowledge that the words came out horribly wrong or to just simply walk away and pretend you didn't notice what you said.

Blaine has a really big head, for what it's worth. And I am faithful and true to that big noggin.

3 comments:

Blaine said...

OH MAN. That's funny. I think. Just kidding, I'm very curious who it was and what you did next in the story though.

Bart said...

Oh boy. Yeah. What did you do? I think I would have had a hard time not cracking up on the spot.

Janssen said...

What a laugh. . .that is VERY amusing.