Tuesday, July 31, 2007

:"?><@#$%!^)$

Apparently I have embarrassed my husband with my misuse of a semicolon in the title of my last blog. I am not ashamed, I did not change the title. I'll gladly admit - - I don't even know what semicolons are for. I thought they were kind of like a pause, but a little longer than say a comma. My AP English teacher, affectionately referred to as "Woody", would surely fall to her knees, cast her eyes heavenward and weep if she knew how little I remember about proper punctuation, diagramming sentences and writing essays. That's Blaine's department. I am just impressed that I can speak intelligibly after three years of communicating with mostly toddlers and infants. I think there is something to be said that I haven't resorted to "No way jose!" and "neener neener neener" and those kinds of things.

I feel like I am still a smart person, in most areas of life. I feel I am borderline genius with some aspects-- like getting the best deal on priceline, finding the best flight on Orbitz, and finding the best bargains at grocery stores (alright so my excellence revolves around frugality, that's something to be proud of, it's not like punctuation ever saved anyone money!). But there are other areas that I feel like most of my brain cells have shriveled up and poofed away. Like punctuation (And sentence structure since that last sentence started with "But"). That and apparently everyone knows that you are supposed to open scissors when you put them in the dishwasher to get washed; it made sense as soon as Blaine made fun of me for having washed two pairs of scissors with both of them coming out of the dishwasher grosser than ever because all the gross crusties were stuck between the blades.

So, yeah, sorry if my punctuation offends you. And let it be known that Blaine walked around with green finger paint on his nose for several hours today because he examined Gwen's artwork a little too closely-- now that is something that, even in my punctuationless existence, I could have avoided :).

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope it's obvious after reading that Kristi's title referred to punctuation, not mindless profanity with the dreaded 15 letter cussword.

Oh, and I want to defend my self: she made me sound so petty; like puncuation is everything to me--and I would think less of someone whose "puncuation" was less polished, than mine? So not true!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I may not be good at it, but at least I can spell punctuation :)

Ralphie said...

I am with you all the way Kristi. My mind is a wind tunnel when it comes to grammer, spelling, sentence structure. You name it. But that's why it's fun to blog. No english teacher here. And we all LOVE spell checker!

JoAnna said...

ooo... bitterness seeping throughout this post... No fun.

Kristi said...

Totally no bitterness! Just sarcasm :).