Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Six Legged Terrors

There I sat. I was proud of myself for getting outside. Blaine was gone at scouts, but I had the guts to take Gwen and the puppies out around the neighborhood for some serious Big-Wheeling. After lots of fun I let Gwen continue riding her big wheel while I attempted to groom the puppies. Every morning when we let the dogs out they jump up on our legs and use their dagger-like claws to terrorize us. So I tried to cut their nails. In the process I ended up getting bitten repeatedly, nearly to the point of drawing blood. It kind of caused a ruckus in the neighborhood as people began opening their doors to see what all the commotion was about. Finally I gave up, and in desperation to let Gwen keep having fun I decided to leash the dogs up to our mailbox. My arms were throbbing in pain, having recently been bitten repeatedly by both dogs. As I was tying them up I felt sharp pains on all of my little toes. I look down to find that while I was tying up the little monster dogs, smaller (yet more determined) monsters were attacking my legs! I had stepped, repeatedly, on a fire ant mound. All the neighbors who were previously concerned about my sanity because of the dog scene earlier were no longer in question as I jumped up and down kicking my leg to and fro, doing some Polynesian fly swatting dance to try to get the hoards of ants off of my feet. I was left defeated, hopping on one foot, the dogs leash wrapped around the other foot, and carrying a screaming Gwen (she wanted to keep riding her big wheel after all) in one hand and her Dora bike in the other. As soon as I was recovered enough to get my wits about me I drowned that fire ant mound in raid. Don't mess.

2 comments:

Melissa Ash said...

This is HILARIOUS!!! Yet at the same time, I am so sorry!
Welcome to blogland!! So much fun!!!

Robin said...

De-feeted. funny!