Saturday, September 8, 2007

Part 2- The scary hairy adventure (go read the next post first for the continuing saga).

I really think I could have handled high school in a much cooler way if only I would have had a straightening iron. Oh well. Also, at the end of junior high- now this is embarrassing, so keep it to yourself- I wanted to grow out my bangs, but I had a widows peak. So instead of parting my locks on the side, I just shaved (yes shaved) off my widows peak, for like a whole year. Don't do that, ever (ever ever ever).
Luckily by the end of highschool I was a major babe. Okay maybe not, but I think I achieved my personal best hair the day this picture was taken. Unfortunately this picture was taken like the day before Blaine broke my heart, so apparently he didn't like it and apparently that was reason enough for me to chop it off about a week later. Why! It has never grown ong since (and it isn't even that long here!).

Oakcrest (the camp I worked at) brought out a style revolution that I hadn't seen the likes of since my mom went perm and curling iron happy in elementary. Short and curly for Laurie's wedding and my time at SLCC.

And finally the day Blaine got home from his mission, short and flipped. It's my style. It's how I see myself. When I look in the mirror at my curly Texas hair I get so sad that the short flip may be gone from my stylebook forever.
Anyway, I just got all of these old pictures on the computer and I thought it would be fun to post them, since I have had no major embarrasing moments this week or profound thoughts. So enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The fun thing is, we ALL have scary hair pictures. I know I do!!!

Bryce and Lizzy said...

Hey Kristi,
So I did happen to "stumble across" your blog post about the 7th grade memories and I have to say, I was cracking up about the locker decorating story. I still remember that day!! It sounds like you and Blaine are doing great and your daughter is sooo cute!! My wife and I are expecting a baby in March and we can't wait. Well, I just wanted to say hi. Hope all is well.