Saturday, October 6, 2007

The third degree. . .

A few moments after coming home for the night Blaine noticed radiant heat coming from our dishwasher, which should have stopped running about two hours before. "Why is it still drying the dishes, this thing could catch fire?" he said. I braved my way through the forcefield of heat emanating from the dishwasher, proceed to open it and feel the blast of hot air hit my face, force my hand through the plastic dish holding tray, so that. . . yes, you see it coming. . . I can touch the metal heating mechanism to see if it is still hot.

Yes, I have a college degree. Yes, I think I have third degree burns. I apologize if I am not typing correctly, my left pointer finger may be permanently impaired. Help.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have any medicated first aid ointment on hand, or something with Aloe Vera in it? An after sun medication????

I use Foille Medicated First aid spray, but my can's almost empty and I think it's been taken off the market, at least I can't find any here anymore. It contains Benzocaine and Chloroxylenol, If you can find something with those ingredience in it.

Didn't your Mom teach you not to touch hot objects?

Sarah said...

Ouch! You poor dear! I remember Claire's birthday when you guys came over and I was feeling incapicitated by a small burn on my thumb from the oven - Claire's cake... Give me a call if you need something to put on it. I'm burning myself all the time. Unfortunately, college degrees don't protect us against those pesky burns.

G said...

Yes, you may have a college degree, but you neglected an important mitigating factor. You have a newborn. You are probably sleep deprived. Hormones and exhaustion trump logic every time...

Hope you're okay!

Robin said...

college degrees, third degrees. Good job!

Melissa Ash said...

Yikes! Can I just say that I love your mom's comment?!!! She is a true mother!! So cute! I hope you get feeling better soon!