Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Chameleon

Todd took some pictures of our family when they came over on Sunday. I put this one up as the desktop background on our computer.



Blaine walked by and was like, "Whoa....your hair isn't red" and I said, "um, yes it is". Then he asked me if I dyed it, and I said no. The last time I dyed it I dyed it jet black (whoopsie) and that was months ago. I used to think of myself as brunette but then one time I heard Janssen refer to me as having red hair, so I ran with that and now take the liberty of thinking of myself as kind of a chestnut redish-brownish haired person. But I am just curious...what would you say my hair color is...like say I committed a crime and you were giving the police my description... "short, little pudgy, mother-of-pearl teeth, [fill in blank] hair"? *

Also, since moving to Texas aka "the giant humidifier" I have come to think of myself as a curly haired person who sometimes wears her hair straight (or at least as straight as I can get it). Which is kind of new. I always had curly hair but I always straightened it (or tried to) and hardly ever wore it curly. Just now, like, as in the past three months, would I call myself a red, curly haired individual.

On a related note...I think if there were one piece of technology that would have drastically changed my teenage life it would have been a straightening iron. Don't you think?



But then I would be married to Richard Slack the highschool hearthrob and not Blaine, so thank heavens for my frizzy hair, right? I've heard it is no fun being married to macho football players anyways. Blaine loved me even when I looked like I stuck my finger in an electrical outlet, and that's the kind of love that lasts.





*If you say gray we are no longer friends.

10 comments:

G said...

I think I would say reddish brown. It depends a lot on the lighting. At least you can JOKE about the gray thing. (Grumble grumble...) And in addition to Texas, don't ignore the possible effects of having more kids on the curliness of your hair. I'm convinced having more kids has made my hair progressively curlier.

A flat iron would have made a big difference in my teenage life too...

But the past is past and I think you have GREAT hair now!

JoAnna said...

My vote is not offered as a choice... Reddish/brownish curly. But if I were giving a description to the police I would say brown. (I would leave out the detail that it has a reddish tint to it.)

Unknown said...

Ever since reading Anne of Green Gables I have always wanted reddish brown auburn hair. I'm jealous.

Janae said...

I can relate. I am pretty sure we have the same hair color. Although Paisley is always telling me my hair is NOT red. It is brown. I shoot her down, because after all it is my best feature. And everyone is jealous, or at least that is what they say.

My hair looks darker after I add all the junk to it (truth be told, it is really egg whites and hairspray. Travis thinks it is DISGUSTING and will barely come near my hair)

I say you are a redhead. Be proud, be red. You are a BYU fan right?

Janssen said...

TOTALLY red. With some brown.

Wendy said...

I remember asking Mr. VanTassell at a parent-teacher conference if Blaine ever talked to the little red-head girl (I think the answer was yes) I think auburn is a good description of your hair color.

julianne orth said...

yes auburn, that is a pretty sounding color :) it is a good thing you didn't marry richard slack, that would have been wierd.

Anonymous said...

Insufficient evidence to draw a conclusion. I move that this is a weird picture, as far as the hair goes. The color in the high-school picture is the color I remember. But I guess you are asking about now, with different dye-combos and what not. In the picture it definitely has a reddish tint. Your hair looks good darker/redder than your natural color. I like.

Judkins family said...

I was thinking auburn (for the natural color...) but looks red in the pic, and wavy, not curly... though I always picture Annie's hair when I think curly, so I could be wrong.

Jan said...

Ivy had to get her red hair from someone, I guess it must have been you :)