This may sound like kind of a complaining post but I swear it is NOT. Really it is a grateful post. So buckle up, you have to hear the complaining part first : )
I was thinking last night about how pregnancy is a lot like being old. Work with me here. My major complaints in the last month or so are
*Seriously sharp shooting back pains when I try to get out of bed
* I have to take a hot bath before anything else or I seriously cannot tolerate the back pain long enough to walk into a different room.
*Hard time with stairs
* Numbness in my hands when I sleep (what the? This is a new one)
* I have a weird ligament issue that sometimes causes my leg to just give out. Which is particularly scary when I am holding Bentley and / or walking down the stairs
* I have to visit the restroom at least once an hour, even at night
* Heartburn; really really bad heartburn
* Extreme crabbiness
Okay, so basically I just sound like an old person right? Right.
I have been banking on all of these ailments going away but last night I was thinking about what would happen if they don't. Ahhhhhh! My life would be so miserable forever. Every step hurts. Can you imagine that for the rest of your life? I can't. Well, let's say I can and I don't like the idea. At all.
And I think it must be sad to get older and get more frequent aches and pains that limit your activity like this. So I am trying to figure out what I can do to keep myself, and mostly my joints, as young and limber as they can be.
This was a really long weird post that pretty much is just trying to say that I am thinking about taking up Yoga. What do you think? Could it be the solution to all of my future aches and pains?
And also to say that I am so grateful that pregnancy is temporary! That I have a chance to get back to pain free. That I have visited the future potential aches and pains and don't like what I see so I can now dedicate myself to being healthy and limber and happy.