Wednesday, August 15, 2007

#437- check

So Tropical Storm Erin is headed our way, well not just our way, it is on a crash course with us. Luckily we are pretty far inland so I think the major complication is going to be a lot of rain. I am kind of excited because our new ultra-efficient budget created today by yours truly does not allow for little extras- like watering the lawn. I have never been in a tropical storm, however, surviving a hurricane was #437 on my list of things to do before I die, which I made back in seventh grade. So with a little leniency (a Tropical Storm is pretty close to being a hurricane!) and a lot of assumption (mostly that I do not die in the storm), I am really close to being able to scratch that off the list. I'll be sure to write you all from the under-the-stairs closet to let you know how it is going.

5 comments:

Julie said...

You have 437 things on a list! That's impressive Fids! Keep safe!

Ralphie said...

Stop. Get out of the closet. I'm coming over to save you. I'll wrap you in a parka, blindfolded and ear plugged and take you home with me. But first, you must come out of the closet Kristi!

Laurie said...

I agree with Ralphie!
Plus I'm impressed that you still have your list. What number is "Marry Bryce Catten"?
I hope that you're safe through the storm.

Kristi said...

Of course in seventh grade Marry Bryce Catten was #1, but since I have scratched out that name and changed it to Blaine Bassett-- dodged that bullet!

I am happy to report that so far I have not been in the closet at all! HA! We'll see how tomorrow goes. . . at least the temperature outside is nicer!

Kristi said...

P.S. Laurs, you have ruined my plan to avoid using "bryce catten" in my blog, in case he ever looks up his own name on google and my blog pops up. I hope for his sake that he has erased any and all memories of me, they must be traumatic and he is so nice, he shouldn't have to deal with that!