Monday, August 20, 2007

Moody Schmoody

The good news about being super moody all the time is that it doesn't take much to swing you from near depression into complete happiness. For example- today I got our electricity bill, and while it was still higher than I had ever hoped to pay for air conditioning, it was $10 less than last month. . . that's right $10. The excitement from this was magnified because I anticipated it to be quite a bit higher than last month since the weather has been excruciatingly hot and there hasn't been as much rain lately. Anyway, total happiness.

Then as if things weren't going right enough, I fixed my computer. For the last two months the monitor on my computer has been on the fritz. I would have to literally punch the screen to make it work, and then it would only keep working for about five minutes before it would flicker out and die. The new ultra efficient budget definitely does not allow for things like new monitors, especially when it is still functional after a few upper cuts. Anyway, it was getting harder and harder to revive the monitor, sometimes it required up to ten punches and then it would only last 40 seconds and finally on Saturday, the little green light went from green to blinking to nothing. It died. I was distressed. But today I think I permanently fixed the monitor. I won't say how because you all might make fun, but needless to say, I think I may need to find an alternate way to work my upper body now. Awesome!

Yesterday was great because Blaine came and took the reigns of my Sunday School class. Last week (my first week), my classroom looked more like a scene from Lord of the Flies than a primary class. I had a really really hard time last week, so much so that I was going to hand in my resignation this week; but the miracle husband (and having two less kids show up and keeping my purse full of jolly ranchers) saved the day and I actually had a good time and saw that the kids really were cute and sweet. Then the day ended with a delicious slice of some cake Ralphie made. Nothing better (if you have not had Ralphie cake, I recommend you invite her to bake you one, you will not be disappointed!)

So things started getting better yesterday. On Saturday things were scary. I was really on the downside of the mood swing. For one there was some mystery ink that kept getting all over me (consequently ruining one of the two maternity shirts that actually still fits me -- Don't worry Laurs, it was one of mine, not yours :). I went to meet some of Ralphie's friends and showed up covered literally head to toe in mystery blue ink. I changed when I got home to only later find myself covered again. Anyway, it was really frustrating. I was just so tired and it seemed things kept going wrong, etc. And I was dreading church because I was afraid of my primary class. On top of it all I was mad at myself because all of these things that were making me so upset were so trivial. Did anyone I know die? No. Anyone hurt? No. No, my life is pretty much going great so it really drives me crazy when I get in a bad mood.

Anyway, don't really know what the point of this post is other than to say life is good, even if you are covered in ink, life is still good. Be sure you marry someone nice who will help you control your primary class. And aren't I amazing to reduce my electricity bill by $10, wahoo!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Every $10 helps, right?

Laurie said...

I didn't know you're teaching primary. What age? Good luck, and hopefully you always have help when you need it!
PS-- ruin all the maternity clothes you want. It will just be an excuse to go shopping when I am pregnant again. Which, by the way, I have noticed that maternity clothes are way cuter this summer than any other time (like whenever I am pregnant).

Ralphie said...

Love you Kristi! You say such sweet things to feed my ego. Can we be friends forever?