Monday, August 27, 2007

The Hiding Place

So, I am reading The Bible. Never read it before (head hanging in shame). I always felt like I should, and I have read parts, but I am going to read it cover to cover. Well, I am starting in the New Testament, so I guess I will read it middle to cover and cover to middle :). If you lack the motivation to read the Bible, which I apparently always have, I recommend you read "The Hiding Place". This woman was amazing, and her strength it seems to me, came from reading the Bible. So if you are looking for a good book to inspire you to read "The" Good Book, look no further.

5 comments:

Jen and Beth said...

I love "The Hiding Place". (and the Bible too of course)
It is one of my all time favorite books. Good for you or reading the Bible. I must admit I have never read it cover to cover either so don't be too ashamed. I'm sure there are many like us.

Janssen said...

I'm glad you liked The Hiding Place so much! GREAT book. And good luck with your middle to cover to middle reading!

Laurie said...

Trav and I have been reading the old testament for 2 years now. We're in Esther. It's slow going, but I admire your effort!

Anonymous said...

You're so funny babe. "A" good book to motivate "THE" good book. I can say LOL as close to literally as it ever really is. (Does anyone ever really laugh OUT LOUD at stuff people write?) Also liked the part about middle to cover then front to cover. Love ya!

Linds said...

YES!!! I really do laugh out loud all the time to things people write!